Risultati da 1 a 7 di 7

Discussione: NCO tunic

Utente registrato

NCO tunic

Hello,
    the same seller of the drillich tunic that I already posted, propose me, an alternative, a NCO tunic. I see a repair on the right arm (the seller says it's an old repair...).
    It seems nice and I like it, but I have the impression that it was shortened and the collar seem too big (or not?) !
    What do you think? In your opinion, is it an original ww2 tunic? There seems to be shortened? Can you tell me its really value (even very approximate)

Here is the pictures:

Thank oyu to everybody

Partisan

Utente registrato L'avatar di LAUF

Re: NCO tunic

The pointed collar was a common stylish touch privately tailored, that added a very smart look to the tunic; german soldiers were very concerned about their look on leave. You can find that feature also in many studio portraits.

The tunic's shortening was another common practice; it consisted in shortening the skirt and the lower pockets (there are tunics in which lower pockets have been just "brutally" cut in half"). This gave a higher appearance especially to short guys.

Apart from these "historically correct" tailor modifications, I cannot guarantee for the genuinity of the insignia and of the tunic itself. Let's hear some other opinion.

BTW: that tunic is a model "41" (six front buttons), to which has been attached the stylish collar in place of the fieldgrey one (very common practice). In shortening the skirt, the pockets have been actually raised, you can notice that beacuse they are covering the third hole for the belt hooks.
    ---

Utente registrato
    dove non sarei mai finito se fosse dipeso solo da me

Being a variation introduced in 1941 (i.e. a so-called M1941), that was modified , the fancy dark bluish-green collar with pointed ends , the shortened bottom and the repositioned lower pockets are typical of modified issue tunics and do not impress me. German fashion in the '40s called for short tunics and all these features are quite normal, albeit non regulation.
    The breast eagle is the quality you would normally expect on a parade tunic, yet flatwire breast eagles are almost the norm on NCOs' customized or privately tailored tunics.
    I wish photos of the lining and the markings were available.
    MP

Utente registrato
    Dublino / Serenissima Repubblica di Venezia

Hi

You need to post more pictures of the inside with the markings as well and close ups of the insignia, front and back where we can see the stitching.

The Jacket is a modified M42 where they added pocket pleats ,collar replaced to make it look like a M36 and it has been shortened.

Moderatore L'avatar di Paolo Marzetti

Scusate: perché in inglese? Io vi capisco, ma c'è chi non lo parla. PaoloM

Utente registrato
    dove non sarei mai finito se fosse dipeso solo da me

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da marpo
    Scusate: perché in inglese? Io vi capisco, ma c'è chi non lo parla. PaoloM
    Dear Paolo!
    'cause he did write in Einglish (traduz. Caro Paolo, perché é lui che ha scritto in Inglese).
    Ed anch'io non capisco perché scrivere in Inglese visto che in almeno un altro post Dimonios ha scritto in Italiano.
    Ad ogni modo, ormai é tutto una chat, un click, un endorsement, un understatement, un non essere choosy, un format, una spending review, un all-in, un all-inclusive, un underscore, quasi che l'Italiano fosse una lingua povera ... tanto vale scrivere tutto in Inglese.
    I love you all. God bless ya.
    MP

Moderatore L'avatar di Paolo Marzetti

Marco, insisto, il forum è italiano e la lingua ufficiale e' quella italiana, pertanto nella eventualita' che vi siano frasi in inglese, occorre la traduzione. PaoloM

Permessi di scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •  
  • Il codice BB è Attivato
  • Le faccine sono Attivato
  • Il codice [IMG] è Attivato
  • Il codice [VIDEO] è Disattivato
  • Il codice HTML è Disattivato