Pagina 2 di 2 PrimaPrima 12
Risultati da 11 a 14 di 14

Discussione: New Carcano Book

Utente registrato
    Localitā
    Roma

Re: New Carcano Book

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Arditi
    I have a M95 Mannlicher carbine that was picked up by a US citizen in the Montfalcon region... in 1919 I believe. Into the buttstock the name of the Gentleman is carved as well as the date and area picked up off the ground. This item has sparked my interest in this time period. Perhaps Prof. Gaetano Cavallaro's book will be a good place to start to learn of this time. I will try to buy it.
    Many Thanks, Russ(Arditi)
    You can conctat Prof. Cavallaro to the link I've posted above.
    Interesting the Carcano form Monfalcone. Perhaps a souvenir of a GI of the 332nd US regiment? Or a member of the American Red Cross? They operated in the area at the time.

Utente registrato

I was thinking the 332nd Regiment as well, but I have not researched his name as of yet. I may post it here, soon, to get some thoughts on it. Enjoyed our conversation. I'll take a look at Mr. Cavallaro's site tonight.
    Appreciate you, Russ(Arditi)

Utente registrato
    Localitā
    Roma

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Arditi
    I was thinking the 332nd Regiment as well, but I have not researched his name as of yet. I may post it here, soon, to get some thoughts on it. Enjoyed our conversation. I'll take a look at Mr. Cavallaro's site tonight.
    Appreciate you, Russ(Arditi)
    A pleasure for me. Searching that name, don't forget the US Air Service personnel in Italy.
    Many US pilots served in Italy on the Caproni bombers, often even in mixed crew with Italians!

Utente registrato

"Many US pilots served in Italy on the Caproni bombers, often even in mixed crew with Italians!"

I did not know this!

Pagina 2 di 2 PrimaPrima 12

Permessi di scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •