Pagina 1 di 2 12 UltimaUltima
Risultati da 1 a 10 di 14

Discussione: New Carcano Book

Utente registrato

New Carcano Book

Ciao Amici,
    Soon, mine and Steve Woodrums' book on the Italian Carcano will be released. Many photos of rifles and stories of Italian combat bravery during WWI and WWII.
    Best Regards, Russ(Arditi)
    • Per poter visualizzare questa immagine devi essere registrato o fare il login

Moderatore L'avatar di Paolo Marzetti

Re: New Carcano Book

Sto componendo la prefazione per questo libro.Dalle premesse sara' un libro
    molto interessante. PaoloM

Utente registrato L'avatar di Blaster Twins

A/F 505 PIR 82ND AIRBORNE DIVISION "ALL AMERICAN"
    H-MINUS
    ALL THE WAY!

www.progetto900.com

Utente registrato

Ciao a tutti.
    Maggiori informazini sul libro?
    Come ordinarlo?
    Ciao
    Nino

Hello to all.
    More infos on the book?
    How we can order it?
    Ciao
    Nino
    Mancò la Fortuna, non il Valore. (Ai Soldati con la S maiuscola caduti ad El Alamein)

Utente registrato

si sa qualcosa della data di pubblicazione e sul costo?

Moderatore L'avatar di Paolo Marzetti

Appena mi sara' possibile daro' maggiori notizie.PaoloM

Utente registrato

Evening Amici,
    Steve and I have finished our book "Italy's Battle Rifle: Story of the Mannlicher-Carcano Series of Rifles". This has been a year-long written accumulation of materiale we have collected, saved, collated and discussed for many years before we started this written account. There are 430 pages in full color with closeups of all the models within the Carcano spectrum. Rarities such as the Krieghoff's, Kings Rife and Moschetieri Guards Rifle are also covered. There are many more Carcano oddities/rarities within. Data tables are available to place your piece within a certain year and number of manufacture. Many of the wood and metal markings are discussed and explained. Accessories, grenade launchers, various pouches, cleaning kits, scabbards, etc. are looked at. Paolo Marzetti has honored me by letting me dedicate the book to his father! He has also provided invaluable help in identifying items and providing pictures. Luca Balducci has helped me with moral support and direction. John Sheehan has done a wonderful writeup on the Vetteri: "Before the Carcano" with outstanding examples. Period artwork showing the Carcano at work as well as MANY period photographs are within. This is a big, fat, picture and color filled book. There have been many before us that have layed the groundwork that we would like to credit and do so within the book...Mr's Hobbs, Riepe and Di Giorgio to name a few. We thank the WorldWarForum, WAF, Comando Supremo and Gunboards for letting us use their fine forums to gather information, add to our collections and discuss our addictive hobby with. Many other fine collectors' and researchers are acknowleged within the book and we thank you all for your most generous help. Now...
    We are taking pre-orders for the DELUXE EDITIONS...there will be 50 total. Maybe a few more depending on interest. Full color and signed. After these are gone all further copies will be in black and white only and will be priced accordingly. The price for the DELUXE EDITION is $124.00 for the 430 page full-color book and $11.00 shipping within the United States. Shipping outside the US will be more. My friend and editor of the book, Don Voigt, will handle the pre-orders. Once we get 30 pre-orders we will print. We are thinking/hoping the pre-orders will come in fairly quickly so that we can print this month(April).
    After we print and sign the 50 Deluxe Editions we will print, with the proceeds more of the books, but in black and white only and they are unsigned. Price not set on the black and white volumes yet. Contact Don at donvoigt@hotmail.com to pay by money order or paypal for a copy of the Deluxe Set. Again, $124.00 a copy and $11.00 extra shipping within the US. We think this book will provide hours of enjoyment and help all in their collecting of and explorations within the Carcano world.
    Thanks for your time, Russ and Steve
    Contact Don Voigt for a copy at donvoigt@hotmail.com

Utente registrato

Ciao Amici; here are a few reviews of the book...many thanks to all that helped with this project. Please excuse the Google translation.

Some reviews/feedback of "Italy's Battle Rifle":

airdale: Received my copy today and all I can say is WOW!! Don, Russ and Steve puff up your chest and be proud, outstanding job!

The photos and articles provided by all the collectors in this book is priceless, sure glad I got a color copy.

Romeo33Delta: DITTO ... DITTO ... DITTO!

Got mine today as well ... WHAT A BOOK! Excellent pictures (and it's in ENGLISH too!)

BRAVO ZULU, guys ... AB-SO-LUTE-LY OUTSTANDING JOB!

MGWLLW: Like the other guys, I received my copy today (#31) and wanted to thank Russ & Steve for putting together such a fantastic book! The fact that most of the pages are in color really makes the pictures "pop" and the vintage photos & uniform descriptions were a HUGE plus! WELL DONE fellas!

Jepari: Outstanding book ! You guys have done a great - let me re-phrase that, a fantastic job, and filling something that at least I have felt as a void. Since I don't speak/read Italian I've never had any good refernce material on the subject. This is the first, comprehensive book with great quality detailed pictures of Carcano's I've ever come across (in a language I undersatnd)
    Since I'm by no means a "primary" Carcano collector, I haven't had the time and connections or patience to research and get a decent picture or knowledge regarding Carcano's. This book more than fills the needs I have for Carcano knowledge at this time. Thank you again for putting together the book and getting me out of the darke ages of lacking Carcano knowlege

By the way Don ... as you might guess, I received my copy yesterday. Thanks again !
    Mike

03Man: I showed the book to my Dad today, he is 93 and doesn't collect rifles; his comment was "that is a great book", "how did they do all that research", and "the photos are great!".

Well done Russ and Steve.

OldPaul: I received mine yesterday (#15). The labor involved must have been massive. I have a fairly extensive firearms and related library, this is definately top shelf material. Thanks gentlemen. Tom

Bambach: Great book!!!!! Thank you

Sgt. Dun: #37 got it yesterday. Beautiful pics. Lots of info. Good job guys.

SSSniper: Recieved mine yesterday, took to local show this morning to show off, you didn't make enough delux copies! Excellent effort, having worked on several books I know first hand how much work and effort goes into a publication. Excellent - just excellent. Skid

Antonio: Nice Job Guys. I am really enjoying it. Thanks. Russ I wish you had called me when you were in Vegas. I would have looked forward to getting together.

Fritz1255: Ditto to all the above comments. Great book!

Utente registrato

Hi Arditi!

Do you know the book of prof. Gaetano Cavallaro from NYC?
    It's a trilogy of books actually, about the WWI on the Italo-Austrian front. I've had the pleasure to meet the author personally and I think his work is a great work and probably the best produced in English language on this matter.
    Prof. Cavallaro is, like our Daniele Moretto, a doctor son of an Italian veteran...

http://www.worldwaronehistory.com/WWI_E ... ro_MD.html

Utente registrato

Hi Vexillifer,
    Thank you for your kind post. I do not know of these books you mention. I need to find them as I would like to learn more of this period in Italian history. I have a M95 Mannlicher carbine that was picked up by a US citizen in the Montfalcon region... in 1919 I believe. Into the buttstock the name of the Gentleman is carved as well as the date and area picked up off the ground. This item has sparked my interest in this time period. Perhaps Prof. Gaetano Cavallaro's book will be a good place to start to learn of this time. I will try to buy it.
    Many Thanks, Russ(Arditi)

Pagina 1 di 2 12 UltimaUltima

Permessi di scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •