Hello everyone, firstly, I must apologize for my language - I am still learning Italian ...

Can anyone help clarify the grades and distinctions used by the sailors ashore? How were vows on the uniform worn? I managed to find the following, but it seems to concern the officers in charge: -For the senior officers a rectangle of cloth edged with a gold cord, always about 7 × 4 cm. One, two or three stars specified the degree.

-For the lower officers a rectangle of cloth without a border, always about 7 × 4 cm. One, two or three stars specified the degree.
-For 1st and 2nd class garments: respectively three or two rails on the handguard, parallel to the forearm. The hat was wrapped in a wavy strip.
-For the second old garments and second garments: respectively one chevron and four chevron or one chevron and three chevron in black wool. The last chevron, furthest from the edge of the sleeve, formed an oval within which the category badge was embroidered in black.

Anyone have any ideas regarding the ranks of the lower ranks and non-commissioned officers? Also does anyone have pictures of the distinctions by specialty? (Semaphoreists, Gunsmiths, Machinists, Coastalmen, etc)

I have also attached some interesting photos ... It seems some men are wearing some form of rank on their cuffs, but I can't find any information ...

Thanks a lot!

--Seth Moore
Unidentified.PNG
unknown.PNG
Italian Marines II.jpg
Capture.PNG